All complete submissions must include the following:
- A. An Online Submission Form for SAO’s YCI 2017 must be completed online.
- B. Properly formatted PDF files of the Full Score and of Each of the Parts represented in the score.
- C. An Audio File of the composition.
- D. A signed Contestant Entry Form. Please note that the form must be signed both by the entrant and his or her parent(s) or guardian.
- E. An Original Composition Testimonial Form. Please note that the testimonial must be signed by the entrant’s teacher, mentor or guardian, stating that the entrant is the sole composer of the composition submitted.
- F. A copy of the entrant’s birth certificate or other proof of age.
Please note that the online submission form indicating intent to compete must be received no later than 12 o’clock noon (EST) on March 12, 2017.
Once this online submission form is received, the contestant will be sent a link to a dropbox folder where they can upload their submission files, including the score and parts, the audio file, the signed entry form and proof of age. All files must be uploaded no later than midnight (EST) on March 19th, 2017. At that time, the upload link will be closed and no further submissions can be made.
The Original Composition testimonial should be emailed to SAO directly by the teacher, mentor or guardian. Emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “YCI2017 – <Contestant’s Name> – Teacher Testimonial”. These are also due by midnight on March 19th, 2017.
Any submissions which are incomplete by midnight (EST) on March 19th, 2017 may be disqualified at SAO’s sole discretion.
Dates to Remember:
- November 1, 2016 – Young Composers Initiative 2017 Contest Opens
- March 12, 2017 – All contestants must submit their online submission form by no later than this date. This form constitutes a notice of intent to compete in YCI 2017.
- March 19, 2017 – Submissions Deadline – All submissions must be completed in full by this date
- May 1, 2017 – YCI 2017 winners will be notified.
- June 4, 2017 – Performance of the 1st place winner’s composition at SAO’s Family & Friends Year End Concert.
Any questions about this contest can be sent to email@example.com.